Who does the sphinx of Egypt represent?
Answer from the V.M. Samael Aun Weor.
11. Whoever wants to be a magician and have magical powers, has to become a disciple of the Virgin of the Sea.
12. The peeling sphinx that we see in the desert of Egypt is the image of an intelligent creature that exists in the internal worlds.
13. That creature is the elemental Sphinx of Nature.
14. The elemental Sphinx of Nature has all the wisdom of the elemental magic of Nature.
15. That Sphinx is the elemental Intercessor of the blessed Goddess MOTHER of the world.
16. The sphinx obeys all the orders of the Virgin of the Sea.
17. All the powers of the earth come from the sea.
18. Whoever wants to be a powerful magician has to become a disciple of the Virgin of the Sea.
Samael Aun Weor. Book: Manual of Practical Magic.
Answer from the Magazine "The Wisdom of the Being".
The shining sphinx is wonderful, it is a temple with a threshold, it represents a great goddess, the virgin of the sea, Isis. Nature is not unconscious, she is a kind and austere mother. When in the internal worlds we invoke the great mother, nature answers us with a terrifying metallic sound that makes the entire Universe tremble. Nature is the body of a Guru-Deva worshiped in all religions, called Isis in Egypt. Anyone who wants to be a magician and have magical powers must become a disciple of the Virgin of the Sea. The elemental sphinx of nature has all the wisdom of elemental magic.
The sphinx is the elemental intercessor of the blessed mother goddess of the world, she obeys all the orders of the virgin of the sea. Anyone who wants to be a powerful magician must become a disciple of the Virgin of the Sea and learn to go out in the astral body to invoke the Virgin of the Sea in the internal worlds and receive all her teachings from her. All kinds of magical powers must be personally requested from the Virgin of the Sea.
In the temple of the sphinx, the book of the laws of nature is studied and the initiate is presented with the test called the sanctuary, upon passing it he receives a ring with the seal of Solomon, which shines with great force in the internal worlds. Solomon's Seal can be used in invocation work and in practices with elementals. The sphinx always assists us, as well as all the forces of nature.
Let us always remember to work with our elemental intercessor who is formed with elemental substances of nature. He knows the language of all the elements and it is necessary to invoke him for any work with elementals and thus always be within white magic.
The Wisdom of Being Magazine 92, Chapter: "The Secret Egypt."